Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008






Wow...who knew I would have such a good Christmas. Leslie came out the week before and flew home on xmas day and Ellie came out the day after. Much debauchery and laughter. I had a hangover so bad on Christmas that I told Les my core atoms were damaged....but that comes with the silliness and sickness that is in the Russel bloodlines. I showed Leslie lake Tahoe in the snow and she couldn't believe what she was seeing. She said, 'pictures don't do this place justice.' but we'll keep trying. We gambled some and for the 1st time I can remember Leslie had real casina luck. I walked away from her at 1 point and she had won $500 bucks at the Carson Nugget. We were playing together so money was divided and my portion mostly went back. Little sis mostly had my camera and was very sneaky in taking videos. A few links will be provided at the silliness. Only those who know us will laugh but only 3 people read this thing so you 3 will enjoy. Ellie arrived and it was straight to the Atlantis for food and slots. We also won together and my portion also went south. (I had recently been on a good winning streak. Trips to BOA to deposit money) After more relaxation and some days off work here and there her trip was coming to and end. We got to see Albert up in Sparks and I was just telling the 2 of them how my winning streak had come to and end and I hit the button with the bottom of my Corona and won 1840 bucks!. Even had to fill out the IRS winnings form. So it was back to Carson City to pick up a new bicycle which had just come in that day. I'm still getting adjusted to lack of laughter in my apt and work but its been warm the past few days and I should be able to take the new cycle out tomorrow for its 1st real ride. I can only hope next year will be as much fun.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Rqdr5lS3k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lICbeYInNh8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9A8AZ8i8lE

3 comments:

Brockhead said...

Today while reading your blog it hit me like a freight train how much I miss having you around. Of course it is all for selfish reasons. I know that you needed a change and I can tell just from your writing that it has done wonders for you. It's not often that you run into people like yourself who are open, honest, caring, and just all around good people. Those are the people that you need to hold onto and surround yourself with in life. It's kind of funny that I have 4 brothers but you feel more like a brother to me than any of them ever did. In just the short time we got to know each other I grew to respect and admire you tremendously. I'm glad you have been able to piece your life back together and I think you have come out the other side a much stronger person. I know you don't think you are anything special but and that is what makes you all the more special in my book. Keep riding, stay strong, and continue being the good example for all those you come in contact with.

On a side note. My 3rd grade humor came out as I was writing this comment. The word verification they made me type in was "farta"

Scott said...

Thank you for those thoughtful words. I was just telling a Nevada bud about your potential for being a hard core rider...or hard core anything really...hahahah...Peace and Love to you and Stacey.

westyman said...

Great stories and photos, Scott! You sure have some luck and love in your life! Great fun seeing the videos too.