Friday, October 23, 2009

All she do is fuss, cuss and moan......

I've recently determined that song lyrics are my scriptures. Music has always been near and dear to my heart and kept me company thru good and bad. I've absorbed a ton of information about musicians who've caught my ear over the years and 1 thing is certain...Sometimes these songs and lyrics come very quickly as if from another energy source. Read about Cat Stevens and he will admit he had no idea what he was writing about in certain songs but they had meaning to others. Shame that undertow got him to give in. Call it divine or don't but in my opinion if we're made in gods image why couldn't a modern day person be a prophet of sorts? Take it one step further and why couldn't anyone in this world who's affected you in a way you will never forget be considered a prophet? I don't think the word should be reserved for 2k plus year old men who we will never know through their own words. I won't go any deeper with this one but I think if somebody inspires or shows you a map of what to expect through their own experience it's invaluable and for me it's songwriters, friends and family and a stranger or 2. If you find your map in religious text, friends or a glass of wine...amen to that as well. Now go fuck yourself and leave me alone, I got music to listen to, friends to write and wine to drink.

modern day prophet(reily)
--------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/7230076