Monday, May 14, 2007

2 Dorks ((Schaeffer Farms with Louis)) Mothers Day Weekend



















Rode Schaeffer Farms in Germantown on Saturday(May 12) with Louis. We wandered round and round, back and forth for about 16 miles. You don't have to be in great shape to have fun here. I had my singlespeed which is geared perfectly for this place. A few slobberheads tried to pull up on me to no avail. When I'd hear their derailleurs clinkin and clankin from behind I'd step on it a bit. There are some nice easy stunts there as well that still scare me. Couple of pics of the Olympic Qualifying race held at Greenbrier State Park a few weeks ago. The pros are amazing to watch. It's not just their fitness but also their ability to pick lines and stay smooth. Todd Wells flatted about 1/2 mile(not smooth) from the finish and still won. As fate would have it 2nd place (Jeremiah Bishop) (not smooth either) flatted also and rode the entire last lap on a flat tire still placing in 4th almost 8 minutes off the lead.

No comments: