Monday, February 8, 2010

TCB

It's an interesting thing to make a Will. I never felt like I needed one until I bought this house. I put it off for 8 months and finally made and appointment so quickly that the lawyer thought surely I must be terminally ill. That's just how I operate. I can procrastinate something but when it hits me I fly. Turns out I had to answer questions I really couldn't answer. It reminded me a lot of computer programing...if, then else...over and over again. If my sisters die before me. I had never thought of that. I don't have much but that kinda thing falls into the parent category in that you would want to help the friends who need it most. Most of my friends don't need anything but upon my passing if I have anything left, who knows who might need a little boost.. The easiest part was the medical piece that dealt with,' do not resuscitate'. Fuck that!. I wanted a clause put in to just kill me if I stop being of any value at all but they wouldn't go for it. So as it stands now I will soon have a proper Will. Looking at this piece of paper with your name feels like a passing of the torch. Thinking that my folks had probably felt far more emotion knowing a child of theirs was going to have to deal didn't make it any easier. I feel kinda proud that I got it done. No idea why really. Sidebar 1 - after the first visit I had to give details of what to do with my ashes. This was fairly easy to figure out but in doing it I cried like a baby. I thought of my friends doing this task without me and it just affected me deeply. Sidebar 2 - They wanted a local person to be my, 'yes man' should I fall into a coma and Leslie would not be available. I asked J-mo and he was so quick to say yes!. I always felt he wanted to kill me but now I know it's true.

3 comments:

Jon said...

If Moser cant't do it. I will. And I can spread you across the Sierra too.

Scott said...

I always know I can count on you! You gotta make it to the bench on trt.

Jeff Moser said...

I told you I'd give your sister a half hour to get back to me before I made any rash decisions. I like to think things through.