Tuesday, January 31, 2012

shake, rattle and roll

I am an animal, no different than any other animal
I wake up and do what I need to do
To survive
Then I do what I need to do 
to feel alive
I am an animal
driven by instinct and habit
I love and hate
on a razor thin edge
but mostly
I stay away from the fence, if possible
I'm driven by forces that can't be explained
in simple terms
day after day I repeat what I need
with my animal instinct and
a bit of greed
yet I sit in a cube
and re-arrange bits and bytes 
to fit the needs of those in need
strange engineers through time
have presented solutions to problems
that end up needing solutions
I can't sleep with all this nonsense
but I have a cocktail
that nudges me into rest
I know people that I really don't know
I am someone who isn't really known
yet I go
on and on and on
seeing my face change
knowing what's in store
I've seen it before
the habit of living
is hard to break
work till you retire
and then it's your wake
statements, conclusions, goals
fuck me
contempt for what I see
..................................
shake, rattle and roll
it's tomorrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohLQPTlbOA

No comments: