Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ya knew it was coming.

The world of instant information has now included info of your 200 best or worst friends via facebook not to mention the latest crap you need to read just to get to your own email. Ya don't have to but mostly you need a home page to get to it and that home page has world events in blocks...Those blocks of the latest missing kid, celebrity fuck up, stock market lies all add up to stress that takes no more than 10 seconds to digest.


 Concerning FB you now know their every hangover, every downfall or inspirational moment....Watch as they workout while you don't.....The unseen affect of this one thing is gigantic...The obligation is enormous. .It's addictive and fun, yes...I've had mine, but at some point you have to question the implications and information that you are presented with. We channel surf and now we people surf...


I am not guaranteeing anything but I hope to rid myself of FB. I'm going on almost 2 weeks and it feels much better not poking around or prancing around.....


There was a time when things were actually a real event. Photography. It was a process with thought and art and I'm not saying it cannot continue but what I am saying is that it's far too easy to snap and load without changing the settings of our point and shoots. Hasn't been that long since the term f-stop and shutter speed are absent from the photographers vocabulary....just 1 example. Dating is another as well as sex. We show our cocks from the stratosphere without actually finding somebody who really wants to see our privates. 


We force ourselves onto each other in so many ways. We're overloaded and I think there will be repercussions. I couldn't predict what they might be. I think in the comfort of your own bed you can see the world but that doesn't mean you are actually engaged. A conversation is engaging whether online or in person but taking it to the next level and actually being present is an entirely different thing. I won't even go into smart phones other than they are a wonderfully addictive tool as beer is for me. Good luck looking down and not around.


I think facebook is basically thanksgiving dinner over and over again....Home for the Holidays comes to mind.



2 comments:

Scott said...

at least we have access to 32 or more gigs of music on a small device...I'm pro music and people still play music live but you have to be alive to go see it...

brianr said...

I like this format the most.