Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Nice Day Off































Wednesday Ellie and I saw Chris Isaak at Wolftrap(one of the best venues I've ever been to). Seems like I'm too old to drive to a concert and back these days so I got a cheap room close by(Thanks Marriott) and took the next day off. Cowboy Junkies opened up and although I like some of their stuff they are not a band that is good to watch live. Walking around with beer in hand and listening seemed to be the right thing. WE could still hear them. When Isaak came out he walked in a big circle between the seats and lawn and on his return trip Ellie got to touch him and his sequins. I'm not a huge fan but he seemed to be having fun and I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I anticipated. His band has been together for over 20 years and it showed. They were tight. We ended up riding bicycles around DC for a few hours then next day. It was so hot and muggy we practlically had the city to ourselves. Here are some pics.

1 comment:

Jeff Moser said...

Slow ridin' around the capital... That's how I'd like to see the place. I've never been there. Maybe some day...

Looks like you were the only ones there. The million man march must've been last week!