Thursday, May 8, 2008

When we were younger.
































Some misc pics and docs I scanned in. The 4 1/2 viewers of this blog will understand. The distress note was from Gene Gene who happened upon a friend who could hold her liquor. Gene is still a solid friend and the time we lived together was a time that seemed effortless. The condo mentioned in the complaint letter housed many roommates. It was the unspoken meeting place most weekends. Debauchery, but nobody ever got hurt that I'm aware of even though 1 night a friend of a friends boyfriend(who nobody knew...but he was 1 big dude) started a fight that ended in my bedroom. He was sadly outnumbered and as I remember it no worse for the wear when we let him up. I can still remember sitting on my bed as my other friends(Louis and Gary) were on top of him....and I was thinking, 'what's he gonna do when they let him up...he went home peacefully'. 2 of my neighbors got in a brawl in the hallway late one night and I'm sure I was blamed for that noise but I had nothing to do with that. Part of the problem with this condo was that the day I moved in I realized that a classmate of mine had also moved in right next to me and he had a whole set of different crazy friends. My pop on the left(baseball uniform) taken in 1962. Dad won the photo of the year contest in the National Enquirer for 1985. Some cake and laughter for me. Sleeping with critters is always good. Added a few pics I found to the top of this post. Rays(guy in hat on back of atv) bachelor party. We only discovered the guy hosting this thing had a 4-wheeler after we were drunk. I think this was taken 12 years ago and they are still married with lots of kids.

5 comments:

Jeff Moser said...

Late night, loud talking, mooning...sounds like your welcome back to NV get together!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff...

I remember when you received the letter about the condo. Reading it again gives me the same since of proud and accomplishment as it did way back then.

If those walls could talk...

Anonymous said...

The last comment was from me.

Scott said...

If those walls could talk they would say, 'Louis, if you're going to eat all their tuna you might wanna bring a can along next time'....We had some fun didn't we...I'm glad there was no Internet in my world back then.

Anonymous said...

Nothing like going out with good friends, getting a good drunk on and then heading back to the condo to listen to load music, pissing off the neighors, while eating one of Gene's egg sandwichs with Grey Poupon. Wouldn't trade those times and memories for anything.