Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rocks and Rattlesnakes








There is a hill behind my apt that I like to climb/walk. Not quite a real climb but not a walk either. 1 day I decided to carry a rock in each hand and do some resistance training. Then I discovered if I carried the rocks to the top and started a pile I would have a log of my workouts. Today I actually ran part of the way so I carried no rocks but yesterday I had my rocks. On the way out of my apt complex I was walking on the side of the road in the shadows of a tree lined wall. I had dark sunglasses on and before I know it I'm on top of a rattlesnake. Thankfully he was dead or I might have gotten some time off work.

2 comments:

Jeff Moser said...

That looks like a steep, slippery road!

I'm glad you didn't get time off work...

Scott said...

from gene gene...
----------------------
Its always better to almost step on a dead rattlesnake than a live one. They call the stone piles cairn's. I think you are creating one on top of your hill. I heard that they have found stone piles in Scotland and Ireland in the middle of nowhere, they said that when the clans would meet before going off to some battle each man would bring a stone to the meeting place and they would be placed in a pile. After the battle you retrieved a stone from the pile the stones that were left were a memorial to those that fell in the battle. Though that was a cool thought.