Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ed - Onnnnnnn the EDGE








Ed came from Maryland for a visit last week. Without going into too much detail he is facing that thing a lot of us middle aged folks face. Ailing parents....but he's got a double dose because his wife Mary also has ailing folks..My plan for him was to not have a plan. Let him do whatever. I turned him off to blackjack, roulette and slots but I swear he looked like he was having fun. We even entered a tiny Blackjack tournament at the Silver Legacy which I won a whole 40 bucks. We watched the Friday nite Hot August Nights parade. After he adjusted somewhat to his surroundings we headed to the rim trail on top of Kingsbury and did the bench and back. This has never happened to either one of us. A runner not only passed us on the climb(the whole thing is a climb) but disappeared. After we turned around and were almost back he passed us again but we did have 3 flats. The tire gods were not with us but 1 of the flats was at a spot overlooking Lake Tahoe and I thought, 'there are worse places to get flats'. The following day we just rode around our lunch trails. Ash Creek trail, Postal, Jack Rabbit, Deer Run and part of Mikes and Baldy Green. He was impressed with everything but the hot sun. East Coasters are mostly used to riding in shade and rocks. He also made the comment that I've been making since I moved back, 'This sand takes a different skill'.....If you crash and are not in need of a helicopter Ed will mumble something like Hillbilly Bear or Billy Bob would, '...mmmmm..you be aaaaright' as he rides by you. Thankfully I didn't hear that on our 2 rides. I miss riding with you brother.....Hang in there.

some pics...



No comments: